This holiday season was full of dinner parties, casual get togethers, and lots and lots of wine.
Of course, the holidays are one of my most favorite times of year. (I’ll take any excuse to get together and cook/drink/eat!)
But sometimes it’s easy to get into an appetizer rut. You find yourself reaching for the same old standards that are always enjoyed at big get togethers.
Well, I’m pretty sure this recipe will knock you out of that rut.
Salami. Salad. Bites.
Yep. Bright vinegary dressing, sharp feta cheese, creamy pine nuts, and slightly bitter greens, all rolled up in large slices of salami and spicy sopressa.
Charcuterie + GREENS (instead of carbs).
Genius, I tell you.
They’re the perfect light bite.
A nice bright option amongst typically heavy & decadent appetizers.
But watch out, they are addicting!
Put them out on the table, and *POOF*, watch them disappear.
Salami Salad Bites
- 20 thin slices calabrese salami
- 20 thin slices sopressa
- 5 oz 50-50 baby spinach/baby greens blend
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 ounces crumbled feta
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons basil oil
- 40 toothpicks
- Place the baby greens blend in a large salad bowl. Add the pine nuts and feta to the bowl and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the champagne vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic, salt, pepper, and basil oil. Pour the dressing over the baby greens and toss until evenly coated.
- Take one piece of salami, place a pinch of the salad in the center (making sure to grab some feta and pine nuts along with it), and fold the salami closed around it. You want enough of the greens to fill the salami, but not so much that you cannot overlap the edges of the salami when they wrap around. Use a toothpick to secure the edges and place the appetizer on a platter.
- Repeat with all of the salami and sopressa. You may have to adjust the amount of greens per slice depending on the size of your salami slices. Enjoy!