Take some lettuce, place it in a bowl.
Top with your favorite protein, veggies, nuts, fruits, & cheese.
Drizzle with homemade dressing.
Congratulations. You just made dinner.
Seriously! Dinner doesn’t have to be a long drawn out affair every night.
Sometimes the simplest dinners are the most enjoyable ones.
Like this Rosemary Blue Cheese Chicken Salad.
It comes together in twenty minutes. Less time than it would take to grab dinner or order takeout!
Plus, who doesn’t want bites of creamy blue cheese dressing, crispy chicken pieces, sweet & salty nuts & cranberries, and tender fresh lettuce?
It’s a party in a bowl, people.
If you feel intimidated by dinner, this salad is a great place to start.
Easy recipe, big flavor.
Rosemary Blue Cheese Chicken SaladPrint
- 1 ¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Drizzle of olive oil or other cooking oil
- ¾ lb mixture of red & green leaf lettuces, washed, dried, & torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- ½ cup dried cranberries, optional
For the dressing:
- 1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Place the cubed chicken in a medium bowl & add the salt, ground black pepper, rosemary, and garlic powder. Toss with your hands until evenly coated.
- Wash your hands well with warm soapy water & get out a skillet for cooking the chicken. Drizzle olive oil (or other cooking oiinto the pan, & warm over medium-high heat. Add the chicken & cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken pieces are crispy & golden all over, roughly ten minutes. Remove to a plate & set aside.
- Add the lettuce to a large serving bowl, & prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, sour cream, salt, pepper, olive oil, and honey. When combined well, stir in the gorgonzola.
- Pour half of the dressing over the lettuce & toss to combine.
- Divide the lettuce onto 4 serving plates, top with chicken, walnut pieces, cranberries (if using) and drizzle with extra dressing. Enjoy!