I know, it's easy to default into "easy" breakfast options on weekday mornings...
(Ahem, I'm looking at you, cereal).
But sometimes, we forget about other breakfast options that are just as easy!
Think pre-cooked hardboiled eggs, smoothie packs that are ready to go in the freezer, or homemade oatmeal.
It really only takes 1 minute to microwave rolled oats.
Cooking them only briefly helps them hold their shape, so you don't end up with a bowl of mush. Yay!
Once they just are just-tender, take the bowl out of the microwave, and dollop on your favorite toppings.
Right now, I'm all about fresh raspberries.
They're tender, juicy, and perfectly sweet-tart.
Add a sprinkle of crushed walnuts, ground flax seed, cinnamon, and a drizzle of honey, and you've got a filling and super nutritious breakfast ready in less than 5 minutes.
Raspberry Greek Yogurt OatmealPrint
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup water
- sprinkle of sea salt
- sprinkle of ground flaxseed
- sprinkle of chopped walnuts
- dollop of plain Greek yogurt
- handful of fresh raspberries
- drizzle of honey
- Place the oats in a microwave safe bowl and add the water and salt.
- Place in the microwave and cook for approximately 1 minute, until tender and the water is absorbed.
- Remove from the microwave and top with ground flaxseed, chopped walnuts, Greek yogurt, raspberries, and honey.
- Enjoy right away!