When was the last time you enjoyed a garden fresh summer tomato?
Not the mealy, pale, flavorless grocery store tomatoes, but a juicy, vibrant, dribble down your chin, REAL tomato?
Cause that’s what this recipe is all about. TOMATO TOMATO TOMATO!
It uses 3 delectable types:
- fresh tomatoes
- sundried tomatoes
- tomato paste
These 3 ingredients marry into a rich, tangy sauce that you’ll go gaga over.
And even better? There’s no cooking required! Yep, this entire pasta sauce is made in a blender. Perfect for hot summer nights.
Serve it with a simple side salad & maybe some herbed garlic bread, and you’ve got Italy right in your living room 😉 So get your butt to the farmers market for some fresh tomatoes & try this recipe!
- 1 lb torchiette or other tubular or spiral pasta
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun dried tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, tightly packed
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese or fresh ricotta, for serving
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, add the fresh tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, garlic, olive oil, and a liberal sprinkle of salt and pepper to a blender. Cover & blend for 1 minute, or until smooth. If sauce is too thick, add more olive oil to thin. Taste, and season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
When pasta is done cooking, drain, return to pot, and toss with pasta sauce. Serve immediately, with your choice of cheese on top.