When was the last time you enjoyed a garden fresh summer tomato?
Not the mealy, pale, flavorless grocery store tomatoes, but a juicy, vibrant, dribble down your chin, REAL tomato?
Cause that’s what this recipe is all about. TOMATO TOMATO TOMATO!
It uses 3 delectable types:
- fresh tomatoes
- sundried tomatoes
- tomato paste
These 3 ingredients marry into a rich, tangy sauce that you’ll go gaga over.
And even better? There’s no cooking required! Yep, this entire pasta sauce is made in a blender. Perfect for hot summer nights.
Serve it with a simple side salad & maybe some herbed garlic bread, and you’ve got Italy right in your living room 😉 So get your butt to the farmers market for some fresh tomatoes & try this recipe!
Pasta with No-Cook Tomato SaucePrint
- 1 lb torchiette or other tubular or spiral pasta
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun dried tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, tightly packed
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese or fresh ricotta, for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, add the fresh tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, garlic, olive oil, and a liberal sprinkle of salt and pepper to a blender. Cover & blend for 1 minute, or until smooth. If sauce is too thick, add more olive oil to thin. Taste, and season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain, return to pot, and toss with pasta sauce. Serve immediately, with your choice of cheese on top.