Every family has their go-to garlic bread recipe.
And there's totally two different garlic bread camps.
- The soft, fluffy buttery garlic bread that is baked wrapped in foil, with the two halves of the loaf tightly wrapped together to steam & meld the flavors.
- The crispy, crunchy garlic bread that is baked open faced, to develop a nice crust & golden bubbly top.
I don't know about you, but I fall into the crispy camp 🙂
There’s truly nothing better than warm buttery garlic bread with a soft center and crunchy flaky crust.
While there’s nothing wrong with the classic butter + garlic combination, I’ve recently been obsessed with this herbed variety.
When preparing the buttery garlic spread, you simply add a small handful of fresh parsley & basil. This creates a vibrant green delicious spread that takes garlic bread to a whole new level.
The herbs add a kick of flavor and freshness that traditional garlic breads lack.
Try this herbed variety next time you’re baking some garlic bread. And don’t be surprised if it turns into your new family favorite!
Garlic Bread With HerbsPrint
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup mixed herbs, I used half basil, half parsley, packed
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large sourdough or French bread load
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small food processor, blend together the butter, herbs, garlic, salt, and olive oil until evenly combined.
- Cut the loaf of bread in half, lengthwise. Spread half of the herbed butter mixture on each side.
- Place the loaves in the oven, buttered side up, directly on the oven racks (this makes for a crispier crust). Cook for about 15 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven, let cool slightly, and cut into slices.
Leave a Reply